25 November 2007

How do you spell Saudi Arabia?


11/25, 12:49 am: Hey, everyone, I just returned to the hotel. We were taken to a resort this evening for dinner, and we had a special treat in store...camels, Bedouin tents, Persian rugs, and a traditional Saudi entertainment troupe! And, no, I am not bringing back camel poo as a souvenir! We had a great time and great traditional Saudi food for our meal!

Sorry, but this blog is going to be short. It's late and I need to get some sleep...I am averaging four hours a night since we arrived in KSA, and tomorrow is going to be a long day because in the evening we will be flying to Jeddah. This portion of our trip is drawing to a close.

So, how do you spell Saudi Arabia? O-H-I-O of course! Today we went to the Dhahran Ahliyyah School for Boys for a tour and to observe a class. While we were there, I had four of the students line up and make arm gestures to represent my proud state in KSA! Unfortunately the picture is on my friend Aaron's camera, so I will have to get it from him later. And later in the day I met a Saudi Aramco education coordinator who was an OSU almumnus. Yazid, one of his students, had lived in Dayton, OH while his father attended Wright State University, my alma mater!

Alright, ya'll, you keep writing the questions and I'll find the answers for you! G'night!

No comments: