19 November 2007

I'm leavin' on a jet plane...

11/19: So for those of you not hip and in tune to the wonderful world of me, I am participating in an educational trip to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). Today, I left home, my lovely wife, and affectionate dog, for two weeks. As I'm writing this I am stretched out a double bed in the swanky 5-Star hotel, InterContinental, in Houston, Texas. (I'll let you know later if everything truly is bigger in Texas) I, with 24 other educators from all around the States, will be here until Wednesday. While we are here we will be briefed about the customs and language before we fly out Wednesday evening. It looks like we are flying to Frankfurt, Germany and then Bahrain. The flight from Houston to Frankfurt is a 9 hour flight, and then the flight from Frankfurt to Bahrain lasts about 7 hours. I wonder if the flight to Bahrain is longer because of "the war" in Iraq. I will try to update the blog as often as I can...keep my group in your prayers while we travel!

No comments: